Rally Obedience Class
An introductory competition class geared toward preparing human and canine students to participate in the fun sport of Rally Obedience. The class is also appropriate for those never wishing to compete, but who desire to intellectually challenge their dog and improve the dog’s obedience performance beyond the Intermediate-level.
- Skills Taught: Weaning dependency on training collars, improving the reliability and responsiveness of on and off-leash Intermediate-level commands, 270° and 360° turns, moving side steps, spirals, figure 8, loops, walk arounds, circles, backup, jump, and other behaviors relevant to Rally obedience.
- Human Education: Rules of Rally Obedience, preparing for competition, human-dog communication, handing mechanics, and equipment selection.
- The class will teach dogs to excel and win in Rally Novice, Advanced, and Excellent competitions and to concurrently become more obedient, pleasant pets around the house.
- Most importantly, in a fun environment the class will improve the dog-owner bond and provide a good time for both human and animal.
- $210 at all CPT locations. 8 one-hour weekly meetings.
- Prerequisites: Intermediate Obedience or instructor’s approval. In addition, participating dogs must be non-aggressive and calm amidst unfamiliar people and dogs and must be completely housebroken in both familiar and unfamiliar environments.
* All CPT Courses require pre-registration. Payments to CPT are non-refundable. CPT closes classes to further registration after 12 dogs enroll.