Private Instruction at CPT and Virtual Private Instruction
We encourage Private Lessons at the CPT Training Center for those whose pet is too nervous, aggressive, or energetic for a group class situation, for persons who desire a customized lesson plan, for persons who desire an accelerated lesson plan, for those who prefer a more flexible schedule than we can provide in group class, or for individuals who prefer the intimacy or convenience of one-on-one instruction.
- All obedience levels: Puppy, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, Competition!
- Special privates for behavior modification: Timidness, General Anxiety, State anxiety, Dominance, Dog-dog aggression, Dog-human aggression, Hyperactivity, and other behavioral and psychological issues!
Staff Trainer rate:
$90 per hour lesson by-lesson. By appointment.
$660 for a discounted package covering 8 hours of instruction. The package provides a $60 discount versus purchasing the same number of lessons individually.
Head Trainer rate:
$120 per hour lesson-by-lesson. By appointment.
$160 per hour for dog-human or dog-dog aggression cases if the lesson also requires the services of a CPT Staff Trainer and/or volunteer dog.
- CPT Head Trainers are more educated, experienced, and accomplished than CPT Staff Trainers. Consequently, Head Trainers are highly recommended for:
- Behavior modification lessons, especially those focusing on aggression or anxiety,
- Refractory dogs or issues, where insufficient progress was achieved with prior trainers or programs,
- Accelerated lesson plans, where clients have a rapid timeline for goal accomplishment,
- High-level competition lesson plans, especially where people wish high scores or have goals to compete at the AKC Open or Utility levels or in Schutzhund USA competitions,
- Scent detection lesson plans, including tracking, trailing, and scent discrimination,
- Puppy or dog consultations and evaluations, including pre-adoption or pre-purchase consultations to help determine the specifications for a dog that ideally matches a person or household, pre-adoption or pre-purchase evaluations of individual dogs, and service dog evaluations, or
- Clients desiring more demanding or detailed instruction.
CPT Head Trainer accomplishments include competing nationally, winning a prestigious Regional competition, functioning as “Pet Expert” on the local NBC news, qualifying as an expert witness in animal behavior in multiple courts of law, co-authoring noteworthy research in the field of canine neuroscience, speaking at major conferences, appearing internationally in the PBS “Nova” series and the Nat Geo-Wild series “Puppy Days”, and being interviewed for a CBS “60 Minutes” segment on canine behavior.
Please note that although Head Trainer prices are higher than those indicated for Staff Trainers, with the issues and circumstances listed above, Head Trainer instruction will often result in lower overall expenses and superior overall value, as Head Trainers are more likely to achieve goal level outcomes and to require fewer meetings and less time to achieve desired outcomes.
Virtual Private Instruction:
Virtual Private Instruction via Zoom or FaceTime is an excellent solution for persons concerned about infection from social contact or persons who live distant from CPT. The advent of virtual technology allows us to easily provide CPT’s nationally recognized expertise to clients residing throughout the USA and internationally.
With virtual lessons we can “enter” a client’s home without placing a key in the ignition or boarding an airplane. Therefore, for persons wishing instruction emphasizing housebreaking, household manners, applied obedience, or behavior modification, virtual instruction permits us the opportunity to furnish a quasi-in-home lesson when an actual in-home lesson is logistically impractical or nonviable due to health concerns.
Although virtual instruction does not enable us to physically handle your dog, which is valuable for dog prep and human observation modeling, CPT Trainers are highly adept communicators who can verbally coach you to successful outcomes. Moreover, through insightful use of the virtual format, we can employ demonstration dogs at our end of the camera to maximize observation modeling and effective understanding of technique.
• Staff Trainer rate: $90 per hour or $660 for a discounted 8-hr. package.
• Head Trainer rate: $120 per hour.
If you live distant from CPT or maintain COVID concerns, we welcome you to contact the CPT office (404-236-2150) to schedule a virtual appointment.
“In-Home lessons helped us to housebreak Rocky. Group Class helped us to expand Rocky’s obedience skills, and socialize him around people and dogs. And when we go on vacation we take advantage of CPT’s outstanding Boarding Training program, CPT’s programs have made Rocky a superb pet. Definitely sign up your dog!”
* All CPT programs require pre-registration. Please note that payments to CPT are non-refundable.